ICAADA Medication Assisted Treatment Specialist (MATS) is a treatment credential that provides validation of additional competency related to the medications utilized to treat substance use disorders. This credential is recognized by the Division of Mental Health and Addiction of the Indiana Department of Family and Social Services Administration
More specialized skill
Has given me a more specialized skill that I previously lacked in working with the SUD population.
Requirements to earn your MATS credential
- None required
Education & Training
- 53 hours of ICAADA approved education or training in medication assisted treatment.
- The only approved education for this credential is the MHAI SWD Training Institute 3-day (18 CEU) instructor led MATS course and 35-hours of self-paced distance learning (distance learning is included with purchase of instructor led course ticket).
- Recovery support
- Professional responsibility
Register for your MATS credentials
Issues with your Certemy account?
Phone No: 866-907-4088
- Applicants must pass the ICAADA MATS exam
Code of Ethics
- The applicant must sign, and agree to abide by the ICAADA Medication Assisted Treatment Specialist (MATS) Code of Ethics
- Candidate must live or work in Indiana at least 51% of the time
- 12 hours of medication assisted treatment related continuing education earned every two years