Addiction Consultant in Training (ACIT) is an entry level addiction treatment credential for individuals employed in the addiction treatment field or enrolled as a college student in addiction treatment studies. ACIT is a non-renewable credential and a steppingstone to other addiction professional credentials such as a CADAC.
Requirements to earn your ACIT credential
- Employed in the addiction treatment field or a college student in behavioral science
Education & Training
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Completion of six hours of addiction counseling ethics and six hours of HIV/AIDS training
Register for your ACIT credential
Issues with your Certemy account?
Phone No: 866-907-4088
Code of ethics
- The applicant must sign, and agree to abide by the ICAADA Addiction Consultant in Training (ACIT) Code of Ethics
- Candidate must live or work in Indiana at least 51% of the time
- This credential is NOT renewable; ACIT holders should be in preparation obtaining another ICAADA credential such as a CADAC credential.
- Membership: $125
- Certification: Member – $200 | Non-member – $400