The ACIT II, while open to any qualified candidate, is approved for Medicaid Reimbursement (when paired with the ICAADA MATS credential) for those who work, specifically, in Opioid Treatment Programs and is intended to serve as a pathway to our other addiction professional credentials such as a CADAC.
Requirements to earn your ACIT II credential
- Currently Supervised by CADAC II or higher professional.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s in Social Service Field and/or equivalent course work, with a minimum of 15 credit hours
- Equivalent course work includes Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology, Ethics, Humanistic Studies, Communications
- Completion of six (6) hours of Addiction Counseling Ethics and six (6) hours of HIV/AIDS training
Register for your ACIT II Credential
Issues with your Certemy account?
Phone No: 866-907-4088
Code of ethics
- The applicant must sign, and agree to abide by the ICAADA Addiction Consultant in Training (ACIT) Code of Ethics
- Candidate must live or work in Indiana at least 51% of the time
- This credential is NOT renewable and is valid for 3-years
- Three Year Limit – Personal development plan submitted to corresponding OTP with end goal of obtaining IC&RC credential (such as a CADAC) within the 3-year timeframe
- Membership: $125
- Certification: Member – $200 | Non-member – $400