Persons seeking the CADAC I certification must provide:
- One year (2,000 hours) of supervised full-time addiction treatment experience;
- Prove at least 6 hours of specialized training in HIV/Aids and 6 hours in Ethics training. These classes are available from our training link, online, or in some cases, in local classrooms.
- A degree in the human services area from four-year accredited colleges or universities, specialized education in alcoholism or drug abuse, or a minimum of 3 years of experience in a self-help program (AA, NA, Al-Anon, etc.) will be considered as partial satisfaction of up to six months of this requirement, but a degree is not required for CADAC I status.
- Evidence of 180 hours of formal training (alcohol and/or drug training).
- Documentation of at least 220 clock-hours of an approved, supervised practicum in specific alcoholism and drug counselor functions, using the 12 core functions.
- Score at least 500 on the certification test. Testing scheduled in Indianapolis upon registration & request.