Resiliency specialist at Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana
- Tabitha Manross
- Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana
- Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana seeks to address some of the serious social problems affecting our community through a holistic approach of education, employment, and health. A key component of this mission is employment in Goodwill retail locations. The Goodwill outlets support transportation and warehousing efforts for our entire retail network. These facilities also function as a secondary sales market for all donated goods. Majority of the 80 individuals employed at the outlet have a barrier to employment, including a history of trauma, exposure to chronic stress, criminal background, disability or lack of education. Recognizing the impact that trauma and chronic stress has on an individual and the potential ramifications on employment, the resiliency specialist will coach retail associates on resiliency skills, identify, and assist with the removal of barriers. They will also provide professional development for store leadership and evaluate retail processes through a trauma responsive lens.
- This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our mission, vision and values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana.
- Assess mental health needs and barriers to employment during employee onboarding.
- Connect employees to internal and external resources as needed. Explain internal resources including Guides, EAP, Wellness, etc.
- Establish facilitated referral process with health care systems in Marion County including ongoing.
- Instruct group workshops that provide employees with the skills and capacities to regulate emotions and deal effectively with challenges.
- Meet 1:1 with employees to discuss challenges and provide individualized training.
- Build relationships and community between employees to promote a positive work environment.
- Recognize, support and meet the social and emotional needs of retail associates & store leadership.
- Provide professional development for store leadership on supervising individuals with a history of trauma and other mental health topics.
- Partner with store leadership to address absenteeism and performance concerns.
- Ensure outlet store processes and environment are trauma responsive.
- Create and manage participant database and files.
- Monitor employee data and create regular outcome reports.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field; Licensure (LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAC) preferred
- Experience providing evidence-based treatment models based on the needs of the client
- Experience working with individuals with a criminal history or trauma preferred
- Ability to work well with a group of high-performing professionals in a consultant capacity
- Able to maintain a nonjudgmental perspective in difficult situations
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to initiate and embrace change positively
Job benefits for full-time employee
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Retirement plan with generous match
- Section 125 pretax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
Questions? Contact our Team
ICAADA is committed to public protection through certification programs for professionals in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug addictions.
1441 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
1431 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202