ICAADA Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) is a clinical credential recognized by the International Credentialing and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and IC&RC affiliated states and countries that offer the IC&RC CCJP credential.
Have an associate's degree? Register for the CCS credentials
Have a bachelor's degree? Register for the CCS credentials
Have a master's degree? Register for the CCS credentials
Renew your CCS
Skills you need for the CCS credential
- Dynamics of addiction and criminal behavior
- Legal, ethical and professional responsibility
- Criminal justice system and processes
- Clinical evaluation: screening and assessment
- Treatment planning
- Case management, monitoring and participant supervision
Requirements to earn your CCS credential
- Professional experience
- 10,000 hours of supervised addiction counseling experience
- A master’s degree may be substituted for 4,000 hours of experience
- A bachelor’s degree for 2,000 hours of experience
- An associates degree for 1,000 hours of experience
- 4,000 hours of addiction counseling supervision experience and including 200 hours of face to face supervision
- 30 hours of education with four hours in each of the clinical supervision domains
- Counselor development
- Professional and ethical standards
- Program development and quality assurance
- Performance evaluation
- Applicant must currently hold one or more ICAADA credentials
- CADAC II
- CADAC IV
- Applicants must pass the IC&RC CCS examination
- Code of ethics
- Applicants must sign the ICAADA peer recovery code of ethics statement affirming that the applicant has read and will abide by the code of ethics
- 40 hours of related continuing education earned every two years, including six hours of ethics and six hours of HIV/STI training
- Geographic location
- You must live or work at least 51-percent of the time in Indiana
CCS online registration
Applicants for the CCS credential must demonstrate applicable education or employment as well as pass the IC&RC CCS examination.
Once the IC&RC exam is passed and your submitted application packet is complete, your CCS certificate will be issued within 60 days.
Questions? Contact our Team
ICAADA is committed to public protection through certification programs for professionals in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug addictions.
1441 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
1431 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202