ICAADA Certified Criminal Justice Specialist (CCJP) is an addiction credential for criminal justice professionals recognized by the International Credentialing and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and IC&RC affiliated states and countries that offer the IC&RC CCJP credential. This credential is also recognized as the gold standard for competency in the field and has been endorsed by the International Community Corrections Association (ICCA).
Have an associate's degree? Register for the CCJP credentials
Have a bachelor's degree? Register for the CCJP credentials
Have a master's degree? Register for the CCJP credentials
Renew your CCJP
Skills you need for the CCJP credential
- Dynamics of addiction and criminal behavior
- Legal, ethical and professional responsibility
- Criminal justice system and processes
- Clinical evaluation: screening and assessment
- Treatment planning
- Case management, monitoring and participant supervision
Requirements to earn your CCJP credential
- Professional experience
- 6,000 clock hours of supervised experience specific to the CCJP skills
- 4,000 hours of experience requirement may be waived if applicant has a Master’s degree in behavioral science or an advanced addiction counseling credential, 2,000 waived hours for a Bachelor’s degree or 1,000 hours waived for an Associate’s degree
- 270 hours of education or training specific to the domains are required; of those 140 clock hours of COD specific training that includes a focus on both substance use and mental disorders
- Up to 170 hours of education /training may be waived if applicant has Master’s degree, 120 for a Bachelor’s degree or 70 for Associate’s degree
- Six hours of criminal justice ethics training and six hours of HIV/STI training
- 200 hours of supervision in each of the CCJP skills
- At least 20 hours of the 200 hours in each of the CCJP skills
- Applicants must pass the IC&RC International Peer Recovery Examination
- Code of ethics
- Applicants must sign the ICAADA peer recovery code of ethics statement affirming that the applicant has read and will abide by the code of ethics
- 40 hours of related continuing education earned every two years, including six hours of criminal justice ethics and six hours of HIV/STI training
- Geographic location
- You must live or work at least 51-percent of the time in Indiana
CCJP online registration
Once the IC&RC exam is passed and your submitted application packet is complete, your CCJP certificate will be issued within 60 days.
Questions? Contact our Team
ICAADA is committed to public protection through certification programs for professionals in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug addictions.
1441 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
1431 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202