Certified Addiction and Drug Abuse Consultant V (CADAC V)
The Certified Addiction and Drug Abuse Consultant V (CADAC V) is a clinical addiction credential. Continue to fill out the CADAC V form:
CADAC V registration
CADAC V renewal
How to qualify for the CADAC III credential
Persons seeking the CADAC V credential must hold and maintain a clinical level (master's/PhD level) license recognized by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board and must provide documentation of:
- 6,000 hours of supervised treatment experience in addiction or mental health services
- 300 clock hours of an approved, supervised experience in addiction or mental health treatment practice
- 320 hours of formal education and/or training in addictions and mental health with a minimum of 90 hours in addictions treatment
- Six hours of specialized training in HIV/STI and six hours Ethics training
- The CADAC V candidate must pass the International Credentialing and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) AADC addiction professional exam
Code of ethics
- The applicant must sign the ICAADA Addiction Professional Code of Ethics statement affirming that the applicant has read and will abide by the code of ethics
- 40 hours of related continuing education earned every two years, including six hours of ethics and HIV/STI
- Employed or residing in Indiana 51% of the time
ICAADA application instructions
Application for the CADAC V credential must demonstrate applicable education or employment as well as pass the IC & RC counselor examination. A complete application consists of:
- ICAADA Certification Application (Form A)
- ICAADA Reference (Form B)
- ICAADA Employer Release (Form C)
- ICAADA Training and Education Summary (Form D)
- ICAADA Supervised Practicum (Form E)
- ICAADA Code of Ethics (Form F)
- IC & RC Exam Registration Application
- Payment of fees:
- ICAADA membership (student $75, regular $125)
- IC & RC exam ($200)
- CADAC application ($200)
Once the IC&RC exam is passed and your submitted application packet is complete, your CADAC V certificate will be issued within 60 days.
Click here to register for the CADAC V credential.
Questions? Contact our Team
ICAADA is committed to public protection through certification programs for professionals in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug addictions.
1441 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
1431 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202