Certified Addiction and Drug Abuse Consultant III (CADAC III)
The Certified Addiction and Drug Abuse Consultant III (CADAC III) is a clinical addiction credential recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction. Continue to fill out the CADAC III form:
CADAC III registration
CADAC III renewal
How to qualify for the CADAC III credential
Persons seeking the CADAC III credential must hold and maintain a non-clinical (bachelor's level) license recognized by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board must provide documentation of:
- 4,000 hours of supervised treatment experience addiction or mental health services
- 300 clock hours of an approved, supervised experience in addiction or mental health treatment practice
- 270 hours of formal education and/or training in addictions and mental health with 90 hours in addictions treatment
- Six hours of specialized training in HIV/STI and six hours ethics training
- The CADAC III candidate must pass the International Credentialing and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) ADC addiction professional exam
Code of ethics
- The applicant must sign the ICAADA Addiction Professional Code of Ethics statement affirming that the applicant has read and will abide by the code of ethics
- 40 hours of related continuing education earned every two years, including six hours of ethics and six hours of HIV/STI
- Employed or residing in Indiana 51% of the time
ICAADA application instructions
Application for the CADAC III credential must demonstrate applicable education or employment as well as pass the IC & RC counselor examination. A complete application consists of:
- ICAADA Certification Application (Form A)
- ICAADA Reference (Form B)
- ICAADA Employer Release (Form C)
- ICAADA Training and Education Summary (Form D)
- ICAADA Supervised Practicum (Form E)
- ICAADA Code of Ethics (Form F)
- IC & RC Exam Registration Application
- Payment of fees:
- ICAADA membership (student $75, regular $125)
- IC & RC exam ($200)
- CADAC application ($200)
Once the IC&RC exam is passed and your submitted application packet is complete, your CADAC III certificate will be issued within 60 days.
Click here to register for the CADAC III credential.
Questions? Contact our Team
ICAADA is committed to public protection through certification programs for professionals in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug addictions.
1441 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
1431 N Delaware St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202